So this was a known concern before 2006 shipped?

Wow. My jaw has dropped. That is totally irresponsible.

On a side note, I have been emailing Brian from tech support. Here is what he says:

"Regarding the speed, yes, Finale 2006 has added more features than any other version before ever has. The amount of resources, processing speed, and RAM that Finale needs has nearly doubled since Finale 2004 (ie more features=more processing demands)."

Ok, so, if you take out GPO, where are all the features that are taking up all the resources/speed/ram?

Damn, I would never have thought I would actually consider jumping the Finale ship, but, to have a performance issues like mass mover slip by is criminal.

Johannes Gebauer wrote:

No, it didn't slip by us, but our influence on such things aren't as big as you might expect. A lot of beta testers were very unhappy about this.

Johannes