On 15 Aug 2005 at 9:06, dc wrote:

> Johannes Gebauer écrit:
> >Absolutely, that's one reason I made my own font.
>
> After trying different systems myself, I also ended up doing the same
> thing.
>
> One question on David's system with the Sibelius font or on any other
> way of figuring with lyrics: what about alignement? Do you center the
> figures under the notes? In which case does that mean that you have
> all your other lyrics centered?

Well, centered is the default, and it's what I've always used, so
this is not a problem for me.

I suspect that there'd be no problem having all the figures left-
aligned, however, especially given the way your example actually
works:

> What happens when you enter:

> 5
>
> Is the 6 aligned with the 5, like it should be (in my opinion), with
> both figures centered on the note, and the # preceding the 6?

That's font dependent, how the beginning of the character is defined.

The Sibelius font defines the beginning of #6 as aligning with the
beginning of 5, so it lines up perfectly.

The only place I've had problems is with sustaining lines, where I
want 6_____. These have to be set to align left instead of centered,
and they align differently than individual figures, so when they are
stacked, I have to manually align the non-extended figure. This can
be seen in:

http://www.dfenton.com/Collegium/Scores/Clérambault_Clitie.PDF

(great obligato line and wonderful harmonies in the opening air!)

But it's not a terrible problem. I have as much work to do with
vertical spacing as with horizontal (and am waffling about how to do
it, individually as entered, or per system in page view -- I haven't
decided yet which method I'm going to use for it; I'll probably
settle on the latter, but have been doing the former mostly).