I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the hub itself -- it's a very well-reviewed product and it worked fine under Panther. The problems only began after I updated to Tiger. Since it happens on HP printers as well (see Simon's post above) I'm almost certain this is a software issue with Apple's 10.4 printer drivers. Hopefully it will be fixed in 10.4.3.

Hi Darcy,

Could be.... or perhaps it is a kernel extension issue. I hope you are right because this has been an issue for others as well...it would be nice if the next revision of Tiger fixes this issue. But it may just be a case of technology requirements marching on... I know the Tetrahub you have is a good hub. But some people have reported that good hubs that worked under Panther stopped working under Tiger...yet when they tried a different hub, the new one did work under Tiger. Your hub may be working fine unto itself but it may not be compatible with your current setup.

Here is an example...also with a possibly good link for a 7-port hub ....I've had good luck with my smaller kensington.

http://emperor.tidbits.com/TidBITS/Talk/468/

Best,

Karen