Hi all,

now we got Finale 2006, we could begin to find out what we think we need in the next version or an update. While I like the mixer possibilities, they are not of much use as long as you cannot combine the new sounds with human playback, and, even worse, as you can't save wav-Files or something using the sounds. I guess this will be made possible by a contact player update?

My priorities:
EPS-export. This must, and I hope, will be possible (again)!
A better File format or import/export filters that allow you to open and save between versions, I mean, also from the newer to the older version.

I'm working on a book where some of my co-autors only have Finale 2005. Because EPS on WinXP does not work, someone on Mac will have to do all the music examples again... (we work with Tiffs for a workaround, but finally (,-) with EPS

I have no problems in Microsoft word between platforms and versions. How about Finale, too? I don't mind if the new features are not support in the older programs, of course, just get the important stuff through.

I don't need a lot of the features added in the last few versions, I can do everything I need to do, but these two things would really make my life easier.

I'm sure you have also wishes and priorities. Why not share them? And why not, finally - ask Coda/MakeMusic to make them true?

cheers

Kurt