On Sep 25, 2005, at 2:04 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:


The only reason I would go for good sound is that this may be as
close to a performance as these pieces ever get

That's too bad. I think it's terrific that we have this method of hearing a sketch of music, and I'm all for that, but as a substitute for real players, it falls far short of a good experience. Of course, I realize this is not your choice.

I have become involved with Gary Garritan (as you may have gleaned from previous posts), and I'm eagerly awaiting the set of jazz sounds. But as enthusiastic as I am to have access to this tool, I have no illusions about anything approximating people playing instruments, and I'm sad to think how often this may become a short cut substitute.

This is not about your use of this. It's just another change in the world of music.

Chuck




(though I'm trying
hard to get them performed), so in that case, I'm not sure I want to
spend my time creating the lower-quality MP3s. Of course, if I save
the intermediate WAV file, I can generate MP3s of any quality at a
later date, but I was hoping to skip that step so that I wouldn't
have all those big WAV files littering my hard drive (which has a
mere 2GBs of free space left).

--
David W. Fenton                        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402
fax (360) 676-6055
www.chuckisraels.com

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to