On 26 Sep 2005 at 6:14, dhbailey wrote:

> If it's to be posted on a web-site, possibly posting 2 files: the 192
> file and one encoded at an even lower rate so that dial-up users could
> select which one they wanted to download.

As the MP3 file is only going to ever be used on the website (if I'm
sending a CD, I'd record an audio CD from the source WAV files, or
from CD made from the source WAV files), the website is the only
consideration.

I'm providing the MIDI file for those without the bandwidth to
download the MP3s easily.

I also have a limit to my storage space on my website. It's easy to
upgrade, but I don't see any point in spending the time uploading the
smaller files alongside the big ones just for the one or two people
who'd care about the 2-3MB difference.

I've basically decided, based on all the great feedback, to stick
with the 192K MP3s.