On 30 Nov 2005, at 22:48, Kurt Gnos wrote:

1.) When I extract parts, there is always an additional empty page after the last page of the parts. Only if I update I won't print a lot of empty pages. What use? Why? Why still?

I have never once experienced this. You must have something, somewhere, set a bit awry.

2.) When I implode music, say, to do a piano accompaniment from a funk horns section, and there are slurs, I get multiple slurs that I have to get rid of manually.

a) Should not the program be intelligent enough to check if the rhythms and slurs are the same and to its task?

b) Is there a fast way to erase, say, 2 of 3 slurs in the whole piece of music, or some plugin like "check slurs" or similar? Or a quick workaround?

Yes, it is annoying. Removing all slurs, dynamics etc except for the ones you want before imploding seems the easiest strategy. Another, sort of related, irritation, is that when exploding music the parts fail to inherit hairpins.

3.) Since ever. Why won't the spacing between systems change after page 1 even if I did not do anything? Why do I always have to do one of my dozen workarounds to get systems evenly spaced not on one page, but throughout the piece, normally so I won't need more pages than necessary? Why will there be a system on page 2 that has a much bigger space than all of the others?

Sorry, I don't quite follow you. Do you mean in a situation where system sizes vary widely, so that there will be a different number of systems on each page? In that case Space Systems Evenly might help.

John