On Jan 18, 2006, at 2:28 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

At 12:14 PM 1/18/06 -0500, Christopher Smith wrote:
I was reconstituting the score that I lost from the File Overwrite bug
bite

Your last backup was that long before? This bug couldn't possibly overwrite
all previous files?

I had only worked a day on it since the last backup. It was a revision/re-orchestration of an existing work. It was faster to reconstitute the score from the parts (about an hour, not including screwing around with copying experiments) than to do the day's work over again (it was a really long day!)

I saw your method, and have resolved many new years in a row to do something like that, but I am always too rushed. (Ha! Nothing like losing a file to slow you down, eh?) Mostly I drag my Documents folder over to an external drive once a day, and burn a CD or so every month or so.

Your method certainly looks like it works. I just have to think of it...

Christopher