That's a good point. I suppose I think to much in live terms. Of course doubling could be accomplished by hidden, duplicate staves.

I think all I would want that's not in GPO is a good set of concert (not pop) saxophones, cornets and/or flugel horns, and euphonia that sound like euphonia rather than English baritones.

That, I guess, is more of a wind ensemble library than a band with lots of extra doubling.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.com

But for samples, wouldn't you want a completely different sound? WHile they can play the same repertory, they amount of section doubling is drastically different between the two ensembles.

Or so I've always thought.