On Jul 11, 2007, at 7:03 PM, shirling & neueweise wrote:

Under the Midi/Audio pull down (2008) you can look at Import midi file options. If it all looks like it makes sense, you might just try setting the minimum duration to eights. It's possible, I suppose, that Finale is keeping a midi value of a sixteenth (followed by a sixteenth rest) for a staccato 16th, but I really don't know.

i haven't been back to this yet, and won't before tomorrow so i can't verify this will do it, but if there are also 16ths, how does this affect it? or is min. dur. some kind of MIDI interpretation setting?

Right, if there are 16th's else where in the music, this method won't work for you. Also, upon reading this, however, it occurred to me that you want to adjust settings for export since that's what you're wanting to do.