At 04:10 PM 7/12/2007, dhbailey wrote:
>I used the selection tool, highlighted a measure, then clicked on the
>Measure Tool, the Measure menu showed up and I chose Show Measure Number
>and it appeared in the measure I selected.

However, if you try to Ctrl-Click the currently selected measure after you have switched to the Measure tool, the measure number does not appear. You need to first deselect the measure, and then Ctrl-Click it.

I don't think this is a bug; it's related to the tool consolidation that has taken place in Fin08. Copy and Paste are no longer constrained to the Mass Edit tool (or the new Selection tool) -- you can copy and paste in any tool which supports measure selection (like the Measure and Staff tools).

So if you have a measure selected in any of those tools and Ctrl-Click on that measure, Finale now interprets that as a request to paste the contents of that measure into the same measure, rather than as a request to show the measure number. If you select a measure in the Measure tool and Ctrl-Click on a different measure, you'll see what I mean -- the contents of the first are pasted into the second. Ctrl-Click to show a measure number will only work if you're in the Measure tool and do not have a measure selected.

Aaron.