On Aug 23, 2007, at 3:57 PM, Bruce E. Clausen wrote:

Another version of yesterday's problem. Regarding yesterday, I had to re-adjust the right system margins page by page, but at least I got things back to normal.

Ooh, you don't have to do it individually! If you select Adjust System Margins from the Page Layout menu, then click on a system you like the settings for, then in the Adjust System Margins window select "from [insert system number] to _ [leave it blank to go to the end of the document]" and hit Apply. All the systems will inherit the settings of the one you first clicked on. If you only want some settings applied, then make sure only those boxes are checked.

However, if I try to adjust the pages with % Tool the measures of the final pages again are grossly oversized.

I STRONGLY suggest that you don't use the % tool for resizing pages. Use the tool to resize systems instead, by clicking between the clefs of two staves. This will preserve the size and position of all your titles and other page-attached stuff, and greatly simplify your life in other ways.

there are 4 ways to use the % tool
1. click a note to resize it.
2 click a staff (usually on the clef) to resize it
3 click between the clefs of two staves in the same system to resize the system USE THIS ONE
4 click in the margin of a page to resize it.

You often get a dialogue box asking you the range you want to resize. Leave the second field blank to go to the end of the document.

I can't seem to find a fix. I have a hunch that the problem relates to the fact that the complete score file was put together from three smaller files for the individual movements.

Yes, all the original settings were preserved when you glued the works together.

But, I have no idea how to fix it.

See my advice about resizing system margins and the resize tool. Two steps to make your entire score the same top to bottom.

Christopher