--- John Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> That is a perfectly ordinary "Incipit," showing the
> original clefs, 
> key signature and mensuration sign.  That
> information is important, 
> and I'm not sure why you want to delete it.  I would
> always include 
> that in any edition of mine, if I knew how to insert
> it. 

There are probably better ways, but I did a lot of
music with the incipit as system one, and the music
starting in system two, which I dragged up to be
beside the incipit.  I get this very strange first
chord if I play the file back - if I ever want to save
a midi file, I will have to figure out how to make it
not start on the first measure.

I hadn't thought of using the ossia - next time I will
try that.

> 
> Unfortunately it is an incomplete incipit, because
> it fails to 
> include the first note in each part, which gives
> important 
> information not only about the transposition but
> about the original 
> note values, also important information, especially
> if the piece 
> breaks into triple time and you have to figure out
> the original 
> proportion.
> 

I also include the range when I do an incipit - it is
especially useful to let me know if the altos will run
into trouble.



-- 
Io la Musica son, ch'ai dolci accenti
So far tranquillo ogni turbato core,
Et or di nobil ira et or d'amore
Poss'infiammar le più gelate menti.
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to