Lora Crighton wrote:
--- John Howell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is a perfectly ordinary "Incipit," showing the
original clefs, key signature and mensuration sign. That information is important, and I'm not sure why you want to delete it. I would always include that in any edition of mine, if I knew how to insert it.

There are probably better ways, but I did a lot of
music with the incipit as system one, and the music
starting in system two, which I dragged up to be
beside the incipit.  I get this very strange first
chord if I play the file back - if I ever want to save
a midi file, I will have to figure out how to make it
not start on the first measure.

I do such things by creating the clefs/notes in one file and then exporting exactly what I want as a graphic, then importing that graphic into the new score. That way it has no effect on measure numbers nor on playback.

--
David H. Bailey