On Aug 30, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

On 8/30/07, Andrew Stiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I  think  it's piano  followed immediately by forte; the  modern
equivalent would be pf. I think those who favor "poco forte" are on the
wrong track.

Why exactly? I assumed it was a small crescendo, but given the short
note value and the tempo being allegro, I didn't think that was
possible ( and others suggested this as well).

Well first of all, if the "poco forte" reading is in the Terminorum musicae index, then I have to concede it's likely.

However, what I had in mind is that the first note of each group of 3 would be piano, and the other 2 forte. I think this is doable at just about any speed, and would make musical sense.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://www.kallistimusic.com/

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to