While we are discussing fermatas, mine have a way of snapping back to a location from which I had earlier moved them. This seems to affect mainly flipped (inverted) fermatas & accents IIRC, but see below. I would like my fermatas and accents to go where *I* want them, not where Finale wants them.
I'm probably forgetting something simple...what? (WinFin 2008, XP)
I have been doing a project that called for many (inverted/flipped) fermatas on 
downstem notes in layer 2. I move the fermatas to where I want them and they snap 
back after I make other edits or close the document & reopen it.
Thanx..Jim




From: dhbailey
Sent: Fri 31-Aug-07 6:45
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Finale] fermatas and cessuras


The other way is to create expressions, which don't have to be note-attached.

Either way works fine.

David H. Bailey


keith helgesen wrote:
Aha- one I can answer!
Simply put a note into the bar, then delete it- this changes the 'rest' to
an actual rest. The fermata etc should then work as tho it's a note.
Works for me anyway!

Cheers K in OZ

Keith Helgesen.
Ph: (02) 62910787. Mob 0417-042171

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Patrick Sheehan
Sent: Friday, 31 August 2007 1:45 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Finale] fermatas and cessuras

In Windows Finale 2007, is there a way to put a fermata in an empty bar, and
also a cessura in an empty bar (to match the other "vertical" bars in a
score)?

Patrick J. M. Sheehan
Woodlawn Arts Academy
Music Director & Secretary -- Sauk Valley Productions
PS Music
Host, The Saturday Night Blues: 89.5 WNIJ 9 p.m. - 12 a.m.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1-815-501-8327 (m)
1-815-285-4401 (f)
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale



--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to