On Aug 31, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Williams, Jim wrote:

While we are discussing fermatas, mine have a way of snapping back to a location from which I had earlier moved them. This seems to affect mainly flipped (inverted) fermatas & accents IIRC, but see below. I would like my fermatas and accents to go where *I* want them, not where Finale wants them.
I'm probably forgetting something simple...what? (WinFin 2008, XP)
I have been doing a project that called for many (inverted/flipped) fermatas on downstem notes in layer 2. I move the fermatas to where I want them and they snap back after I make other edits or close the document & reopen it.
Thanx..Jim

Yes, I see this ALL the time. I call it the dancing articulations bug. You are not forgetting anything; it is just Finale acting inconsistent. What you see is NOT necessarily what you get in printout.

If you want to see where they will print, hit Update Layout. Even if they move onscreen from that position later, Update Layout will show where they will appear in the final output.

Please open a case to MakeMusic about this, complaining loudly. Not abusively, just to the point. Exact instructions to reproduce the bug are required to get them to pay attention, as they drop it quickly if they can't make it happen themselves. It is getting worse since about 2005 or so.

Christopher



_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to