On 5 Sep 2007 at 7:41, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> On 04.09.2007 David W. Fenton wrote:
> > It's the dogmatic limitation that has always annoyed the hell out of 
> > me, not the assertion that the pieces were performed one on a part in 
> > their original performances.
> 
> You haven't read it, have you? I mean Joshua's theories, not what others 
> have said about them. Or at least Parrot's book.

Not the most recent work. But I've discussed it with him in person 
more than once.

> >> > Actually the onus is on providing proof that 12-20 member choirs were
> >> > the norm in early 18th century Germany.
> > 
> > That's a ridiculous straw man -- it's not even close to what anyone 
> > is suggesting in this discussion.
> 
> Oh, I think it is exactly the correct question.

Well, then that disagreement on the key question is at the heart of 
the dispute then. I don't see anyone making such a case at all.

-- 
David W. Fenton                    http://dfenton.com
David Fenton Associates       http://dfenton.com/DFA/


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to