Darcy James Argue / 07.9.10 / 2:46 PM wrote:
>Okay, so another thing I've noticed is that FinMac2008 reliably hangs  
>after being left open for a long period of time -- say, overnight.  
>(You may need to have Garritan instruments loaded for this to  
>happen). Everything appears fine when you return to the computer, but  
>as soon as you try to perform an action, you get the Spinning Rainbow  
>Wheel of Death. The only way out of this hang is to Force Quit, but  
>when you do that, the entire computer hangs for about 30 seconds  
>(with the Spinning Rainbow Wheel of Death in *every* app, and even  
>the dock doesn't pop up on mouseover, etc).

The official term is SWOD, Spinning Wheel Of Death.  When this happens,
try opening Activity Monitor then hit Cmd+Opt+S.  This action sometime
releases SWOD, and you should send the resulting log to MM!  I have seen
SWOD releases itself in as long as 30 minutes so I usually leave it for
a while if I can afford the time.

Chuck Israels / 07.9.10 / 3:10 PM wrote:
>I get crashes more often in 2008 than I used to, crashes much more  
>often than hangs,

Chuck, when this happens next time, you can send me the crash log
privately.  I might be able to give a guess.

I don't have Finale GPO installed.  I am still hoping GPO Full, JaBB,
and Kontakt2 to show up in FinMac2008 but I don't know how to get this
done.  This weekend I rebuilt my boot volume from the scratch, and I was
hoping FinMac2008 installer recognizes installed GPO Full and JaBB but
to no avail.  This used to work.  I will ticket the support.

-- 

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to