Firewire audio, but okay, I see your point.

It's very strange, though. I've noticed that sometimes it just hangs indefinitely, and sometimes the hang prefigures a crash. But it is 100% reproducible on my machine -- when waking from deep sleep, Finale 2008 looks fine at first, until you try to do something with the currently open file. Then it will reliably hang and/or crash on the first action.

I'll try it sometime without the peripherals, but that's not exactly a solution, since my FW Audiophile is also my MIDI interface.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY



On 10 Sep 2007, at 9:20 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Darcy James Argue / 07.9.10 / 5:53 PM wrote:

Yes, the computer goes to sleep. But I don't think the hang is
peripheral-related -- earlier versions don't have this problem, it
seems to be a Finale 2008 quirk. And Macs -- especially laptops --
don't normally seem to have the problems you describe wrt/ power-
saving mode.

Actually what David said makes sense.  Are you not using USB audio
interface?  The new version of Kontakt2 Player might not pinging as CA
spec dictate.  We already know it doesn't follow CA mono stream spec,
and this is new to Fin2008.

Since my main work is digital audio, I never let any of my machines
sleep, including MBP2.4.  I even don't let HD spin down.  I only turn
the monitor screen off.

If you can reproduce the problem without any peripheral attached, you
have a different case.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to