This is a surprise, since it was working yesterday. Well, not entirely true, I guess, since I did get this message once in a while but a restart of the application always worked.

I'm on FMac2008.r2
OSX 10.4.10
Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5
4GB Ram

The first part of the error report looks like this:

************************************************************************ ***
Date/Time:      2007-09-19 18:35:38.946 -0700
OS Version:     10.4.10 (Build 8R218)
Report Version: 4

Command: Finale 2008
Parent:  WindowServer [70]

Version: 13.0.r2 (13.0.r2)

PID:    265

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes:      KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS (0x0001) at 0xfffffffe

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   <<00000000>>    0xffff8b94 __memcpy + 1012 (cpu_capabilities.h:189)

Of course, it follows with 25 or 30 threads of similar looking stuff, all of which means nothing to me. I get the splash screen and it looks like the crash happens when the startup gets to the point of initializing midi. I'll give MM tech a call tomorrow, but I'm curious to know any ideas from the list.

Worked last time I used it. Since then, I've defraged the drive where my documents/projects are kept, but that's not where the apps are. Can't think of anything else I might have done to upset things. I reinstalled an HP printer driver after deleting the old one. Printer seems to work fine.

I restarted a few times. Shut down and restarted after a few minutes rest. Repaired preferences and repeated the restart series. Deleted Finale preferences and tried again. That's about all I know to try.