On Sep 19, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

The only time I ever had a bad address error is when I had a bad RAM chip.

MemTest is a shareware app that does a great job of detecting bad RAM. I highly recommend it.

Barring that, am I right in thinking that you have 2 X 2 GB chips? Try removing one and see if it crashes. Then try the other one.

OK, I'll run Mem Test tonight and see what I get. I have 4 1 GB chips (that need to be installed in pairs, I think). That's a different configuration than 2 X 2 GB, right?

Dick H