On Sep 21, 2007, at 11:01 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Dick Hauser / 07.9.21 / 0:48 PM wrote:

I offered up the crash log but the tech didn't want it.  My initial
post included the first bit of it but it's so long, I didn't include
it all.  I'll send it to you off list.

I received it.  I am not a programmer but here is my guesses.

I'm grateful for your time. You may not be a programmer, but your experience is valuable and I appreciate your sharing.

Your HAL (hardware Abstraction Layer) is crashing.

OK, but my name's not Dave  and 2001 was years ago............
(sorry)

This most likely is
either your MIDI and/or audio device driver are crashing.  Are they up
to date?  What audio interface are you using?  It looks like a PCI
device, is it?

Audio interface is MOTU PCI 424 connected to a MOTU 1224 and 2408 MkII
Midi interface is MOTU MTP/AV

Drivers are:
Clockworks 1.51
PCI424 1.31
Cuemix 1.42

Does AMS see them correctly?

Sure seems like it to me. I can do a midi studio test and get noise from both of the outboard devices (Emu Morpheus and Alesis DM Pro). Keyboard input is appropriately direct to the device specified in clockworks.

Does QT communicate both audio and MIDI
properly.

Yes. I've loaded a midi file into quicktime and it plays just fine. Exported that to the desktop as midi and then dragged to DP5 which played without a problem (after changing output for midi to my Emu and DMP.

  Have you tried Safe Boot (Shift_Boot > Shift >Login)?

No. I'll try that later, but I'm flying blind. I don't know what that might do to help (just my ignorance).

If app is crashing and tech support doesn't want crash log is simply
wrong to me.

indeed.

So I spent some time this morning trying to see if the drivers were up to date. I'm a bit confused. Downloading the the MOTU Audio Installer and the MOTU USB OSX Install v 1.3.6 results in two apps for audio and for cuemix. On set is for PCI and the other not (MOTU Audio Setup vs MOTU PCI Audio Setup). The PCI Audio Setup version is 1.31 while the Audio Setup version is 1.4.4. My thinking is that the MOTU PCI apps are the ones that I should be using since the interface is a PCI card. That's born out by opening the MOTU Audio Setup app which has only one general option (already checked) which is "Launch MOTU Audio Setup when hardware becomes available".

I'm going to see if there is a battery in the MTP/AV

And DP 5.12 seems perfectly happy.

I needed to print a few sheets of music so I booted Finale 2007 and It loaded, but after printing, I got a crash on quit.

And the computer is a Dual 2 GHZ PowerPC G5 with 4 GB ram running OS 10.4.10

Thanks again.
Dick H