On Sep 23, 2007, at 6:28 PM, Andrew Noah Cap wrote:

Hello you people out there,

Does anyone know what Coda has done to alternate transposition thingy being
found in the
STAFF-ATTRIBUTE/EDIT box?

I add a String bass to my score which should sound 8vb but the East West
Colossus Sampler cannot play it being that it is out of range. Same
procedure in F2006 works well.

Hmmm...?

There are other things as well I don't understand in 2007 but I got to make
sure that this is not my fault before bothering you :-)

Kind regards

A.N.Cap

As far as I know, nothing changed with 2007 in that area. How did you add the staff, with the Staff Tool double clicking or with "New Staves With Setup Wizard"? The second gives you a properly transposing bass staff, the first doesn't, so you would have to do it manually.

I can't say anything about how East West maps their bass patches, but I have seen very inconsistent behaviour with many sound sets regarding correct octaves. You didn't say if it was too high or too low.

Christopher