A couple of times I've sent a request to MakeMusic to make the handling of dotted rests more detailed. Like Darcy, I don't want dotted half rests and dotted quarter rests in 4/4, but I do want to use dotted eighth rests. I'd like an option something like "allow dotted rests only within beats".

Michael