Don Hart wrote:
Hi Patrick,

I'm not sure what all needs to be done for your condensed score.  Seems it
might help if you tried doing a 'save as' of the complete score and
move/combine things as needed for your new file.  At least the solo would be
in place, and if the full score plays back, chances are this new file should
as well.

I agree that using a copy of the score and then editing the copy would be the best for a condensed score.

Of course, there are different sorts of condensations, so it may or may not be possible to do what Patrick wants using the built-in tools.

If Patrick is looking for a condensed score where there is the solo line, then all the saxes on one staff, all the trumpets on a second staff, all the trombones on another, then using the built-in tools would work fine to end up with a condensed score.

If on the other hand he wants to end up with a piano/solo score, I think that would have to be done by hand, but it could still be done using a copy of the existing score, maintaining playable as the work went along.

--
David H. Bailey