Thanks everyone for your help. I get the digest version, so my belated
additional info about my OS was sent before I read everyone's replies.

I'm updating some files that I created using Finale 2003 in OS9 and I used a
custom fraction font that is only PS type 1 so it won't work in OSX. My best
option would probably be to use a basic font editing program like FontLab's
TypeTool (US$100) to remap the fraction glyphs in NCS to accessible
characters and save it as a new custom OT font. If anyone can recommend a
cheaper alternative, I'm all ears (I'm not too concerned with sending the
files to anyone else).

Thanks for your help,
Brian Williams