On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:36 AM, David Froom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The problem with the Create Tempo Plug-in, I think, is that it used Maestro
> numbers instead of Times.  I always found that to look most unprofessional.
>  But, if really like it, and if you have an old copy of Finale around, you
> can reinstall the plug-in (just copy it into the correct folder), and it
> does work fine (at least it did when I tried it).  If you need a copy of it,
> ask the list and someone can send it to you (I am Mac, and if you are also,
> email me off-list).

It does use Maestro for numbers. That is not really a problem. I have
a copy of it, thanks.

> You might consider not using it.  I'm not sure it takes all that much longer
> to make a tempo change now.  You double-click to add an expression, click on
> the Tempo Marks set, select one of the given expressions, click on
> "duplicate," then "edit."  Then you can change the numbers and text.  If you
> need to change the value (quarter, eighth, etc.), you need to know the
> EngraverTextT equivalents (q is quarter, e is eighth, x is sixteenth, h is
> half, w is whole, dot adds a dot, ).  If you care about playback, click on
> the playback tab and change the tempo there also.

Here is how you do it with the plugin:
Highlight the measure->Plugin and all the stuff is there.
Your way, you double click, then hunt for an expression (which means
another click on the expression designer if there isn't one up infront
of you). Another click to duplicate, then another to edit. And if you
want tempo, you need to click another tab to get to that? This is
assuming that there was an tempo expression already in your library.

With the plugin it was all right there, in one simple dialogue box.

> I do agree that they could have simply updated the Create Tempo plug-in,
> fixing it by allowing mixed fonts.  But I also think it would have saved, at
> most, a couple of clicks.

Couple? Easily........plus all the options are right there. I don't
see why, again, MakeMusic decided to just kill it. I think it was
really faster to use than the process described above.