Many thanks to those who helped me this morning. Took me a while to find the
"Insert Note" command...at my age, I seem to have difficulty seeing what is
directly in front of me! Best Wishes. Rod.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Florence + Michael
Sent: Sunday, 16 November 2008 4:40 AM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] missing 'Create Tempo Plug-In'

Just create an expression in the "tempo marks" category. There's now
a menu ("Insert Note") where you can choose the note value, and if
you continue typing something like "= 120", you'll see that Finale
automatically changes to the font defined for tempo marking numbers.
Playback is automatically set.

Honestly, it's just as good as the plug-in. There are advantages over
the old version, as well:

- The simple fact of creating the expression in the "tempo marks"
category means that it gets assigned to the correct score list.
- If you have a tempo marking that you will need to use often, you
can create a metatool for it and pop it into the score with one
click, something that didn't work too well in older versions (a
measure-attached expression entered with a metatool automatically got
entered on all staves).
- The "create tempo marking" plug-in will only use Maestro as font
for the note and number. In 2009 you can choose any font for the note
value, and another for the number if you wish.
- You can now very quickly create an expression for a tempo relation
such as "eighth note = quarter note".

Michael