One of the great "improvements" they made is that they got rid of it.
It is now an expression, and you have to create it in the expression
editor.

Fun huh?

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Rod McDonald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Have recently up-graded to 2009b and for the first time since I commenced using Finale in 2004, I am unable to find the 'Create Tempo Plug- In', which has always been under 'Plug-Ins---Expressions---Create Tempo". Now, no plug
in. Am I missing something simple? Help, please.I am in the middle of
something which requires repeated changes of tempo! Thanks. Rod.

The problem with the Create Tempo Plug-in, I think, is that it used Maestro numbers instead of Times. I always found that to look most unprofessional. But, if really like it, and if you have an old copy of Finale around, you can reinstall the plug-in (just copy it into the correct folder), and it does work fine (at least it did when I tried it). If you need a copy of it, ask the list and someone can send it to you (I am Mac, and if you are also, email me off-list).

You might consider not using it. I'm not sure it takes all that much longer to make a tempo change now. You double-click to add an expression, click on the Tempo Marks set, select one of the given expressions, click on "duplicate," then "edit." Then you can change the numbers and text. If you need to change the value (quarter, eighth, etc.), you need to know the EngraverTextT equivalents (q is quarter, e is eighth, x is sixteenth, h is half, w is whole, dot adds a dot, ). If you care about playback, click on the playback tab and change the tempo there also.

I do agree that they could have simply updated the Create Tempo plug- in, fixing it by allowing mixed fonts. But I also think it would have saved, at most, a couple of clicks.

David Froom