Just create an expression in the "tempo marks" category. There's now a menu ("Insert Note") where you can choose the note value, and if you continue typing something like "= 120", you'll see that Finale automatically changes to the font defined for tempo marking numbers. Playback is automatically set.

Honestly, it's just as good as the plug-in. There are advantages over the old version, as well:

- The simple fact of creating the expression in the "tempo marks" category means that it gets assigned to the correct score list. - If you have a tempo marking that you will need to use often, you can create a metatool for it and pop it into the score with one click, something that didn't work too well in older versions (a measure-attached expression entered with a metatool automatically got entered on all staves). - The "create tempo marking" plug-in will only use Maestro as font for the note and number. In 2009 you can choose any font for the note value, and another for the number if you wish. - You can now very quickly create an expression for a tempo relation such as "eighth note = quarter note".

Michael