Matthew :
A quick question, is there an easy way to copy a staff layout from one page to another?

I don't mean an optimization per se (which can be done using TG Tools Staff List Manager), but rather, the position of systems on a page.

I suppose that depends upon what one means by easy, but my answer would be "yes". I should also note that most of my work is with choral music, where the music is mostly (though not always) uniform throughout the score.

When I set up a document initally, I first make certain that the blank score contains a sufficient number of blank measures, by adding additional measures with the measure tool. Next, I set up the system margins for the second page of music (the text blocks that appear on the first page--dedication, title, lyricist, copyright, &c, make that a special case which so I set up the layout there last) so that the systems are laid out the way I want them to be. When I am satisfied with the appearance of the second page of music, I use the "edit system margins" item from the page layout tool, and apply the settings for the top system on the second music page to all of the remainder of the systems in the composition. Then I work my way through the score, and beginning with the second page, apply the settings for the remainder of the systems on the second page of music to subsequent pages by using the "edit system margins dialog box", choosing the margins for system 2 on that page, and applying them to the second systems on subsequent target pages (and in fact, since I usually use the same margin settings for all systems on the page but the first, I need only copy the system margin settings from the second system on the second page to all the margins on the target page.

It's taken me longer to try to describe, than to do.

ns
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to