I am trying to understand what you are trying to do, and if you want
> the same chord to be played on beats 2 and 3 (oom-pah-pah) then the
> standard way is to indicate BOTH beats 2 and 3 with Rhythmic
> Notation. What you described will induce a guitarist (for example) to
> play an A note on beat 2 and a chord on beat 3. If that is what you
> want, you should only put the chord symbol over the 3rd beat slash,
> not over the 2nd beat note.

I agree. This is a klezmer arrangement, and I suspect that this way guitar,
bass, trombone and whatever else read from the same part and can see the bass
note.

Selecting partial measures seems to be the way. Thanks.

Dr.A.S.Weinstangel

sasha.weinstan...@utoronto.ca
NEW!!!!!  cel.647-292-4605