Mark D Lew wrote:
So I ordered my upgrade tonight. Afterward the webpage asked me to participate in a survey, so I said OK.

On the first page, it asks: Which Finale 2010 feature was the biggest reason for your upgrade?
- Export lyrics
- Measure Numbers
- Percussion Notation
- Music Education Worksheets
- More Garritan Sounds
- Chords
- Easier Scanning
- VST/AU Effects
- Import/Export Graphics (.jpeg, .png etc.)
- Automatic Rehearsal Marks
- Broadway Copyist hand-written font

None of those had anything whatsoever to do with my upgrade, so I didn't check any. But the stupid survey won't let me proceed without picking one.

Screw that. Now I'm not going to finish their stupid survey.

Pretty lousy survey design ... I was actually willing to comply, but not if I can't do so without them putting words in my mouth.

What? You mean you didn't want to become a marketing-department tool to overpower the developers with? I'm shocked!

If MakeMusic truly cared what drove the purchasing decisions of its customers (both new and long-time) it would simply monitor all the on-line groups such as this one, filter out the most common complaints (including long-standing ones) and actually do something about them, without the need for any "we'll force you to give us one of our answers" surveys which are truly meaningless.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbai...@davidbaileymusicstudio.com