On 2010/07/27, at 17:14, dhbailey wrote:

> Unless it's one of those "we almost had it in time for the initial release
> but missed it by that much" (insert Maxwell Smart hand gesture) and they'll
> bring it out in the amazing Finale2011a or b release, soon to be announced.
> :-)

Finale to UTF-8 compliant means they must rewrite the db engine from the ground
up, in my guesses.  It's a huge deal.  Most of the software industry moved onto
UTF-8 around year 2000.  Finale missed the boat.

DOS never made it.  If I remember correctly, NT was designed to UTF-8 compliant
but data passing wasn't even 100% working when Win2K (NT5) came out.  I think
XP (NT6) was still using M$CP (Microsoft propriety code page), instead of
Unicode, to print to GUI.  I am curious if NT7 is finally printing to GUI in
Unicode like Mac/Linux/Unix does.

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com