> Is it 100% correct that it [Update Layout] only changes measure widths?

If "incorporate manual positioning" is checked, then tweaks to spacing
inside a measure are preserved proportionately when Update Layout changes
measure widths. 

> Is it possible to lock measure widths?

Not that I know of. You can lock the number of measures in a system.

> Ok. So if I enter music and fine tune it on pages 1-20, I can 
> then enter music on page 21 onwards, have access to automatic 
> music spacing (or is it just manual spacing?),

Automatic music spacing does nothing to tweaks inside other measures. 

> and update 
> layout as long as I only update from 21 onwards OR as long as 
> I only update after switching off Auto Music Spacing?

No. Update Layout affects only the width and number of measures in systems.
It has no effect on relative spacing adjustments inside a measure
(regardless of what is checked in "manual positioning" or Automatic Music
Spacing.)

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to