On 14 Jan 2011, at 00:59, Richard Yates wrote:

You can still use automatic music spacing (for instance in Speedy Entry or adding articulations) on later measures without it affecting earlier spacing
UNTIL you do an Update Layout for the whole document.

I can't live without an Update Layout every three seconds - Finale behaves hideously without it!


If 'incorporate'
manual positioning is checked, the only spacing that will be interfered with
is manual changes to measure widths. Always do those last.

Is it 100% correct that it only changes measure widths? Is it possible to lock measure widths?


Also, Update Layout only affects your current and later pages. Earlier pages
are not affected

Ok. So if I enter music and fine tune it on pages 1-20, I can then enter music on page 21 onwards, have access to automatic music spacing (or is it just manual spacing?), and update layout as long as I only update from 21 onwards OR as long as I only update after switching off Auto Music Spacing?

Thanks!

Steve P.

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to