Hi Chuck,

On 14 Jan 2011, at 15:03, Chuck Israels wrote:

On Jan 14, 2011, at 3:15 AM, Steve Parker wrote:

I'd like to add another option: turn off or hide courtesy time signature on an individual basis..

Selection Tool/Edit Measure Attributes/Hide Cautionary Time Sig.

Brilliant!

In general I'd like to be able to move anything anywhere, hide anything at all

The letter "o" key toggles show/hide of whatever has been the last entry.

Specifically I'd like to be able to grab anything and move it without finding the correct tool.. I'm sure I've tried to hide things where the option is greyed out. I'll try and remember what.

and lose the space given to hidden items

Sometimes you can do this with Measure Tool/Beat Handles or Special Tools Tool.

Those are my workarounds but it would be nice to have it as a right click option on the hidden item.
Saves moving twelve other things.

Seems to me that what you ask is built in to Finale.

Mostly it is possible to do everything, just not quickly.

I don't see why the selection tool can't select and drag anything at all. I shift almost everything in a score during cleanup and reselecting tools knackers workflow.

Steve P.