Gerhard Torges wrote:

Does anybody but me remember a program called "MasterScore II"?
For me, it had the most logical method of entering notes and chords with a computer keyboard. A quarter note a' would have been entered by typing "a1.4". An eight of the same pitch would be typed in "a1.8" -- very easy to remember. Lower octaves were accesed by typing "a0", "A0" etc., different metric values by adding dots after the 4 or 8 and chords were entered using brackets: [a1c1e1]4. produced an a minor chord a dotted quarter long.

I used Masterscore II as well. Have you tried command line plug in in Finale? With a slightly different code, it works in the same way.

-> Plug-ins menu -> Miscellaneous -> Command Line.

Daniel Wolf