On 2 Feb 2011 at 12:32, Raymond Horton wrote:

> My point was, it was a one or two keystroke screw-up, so it seems
> obvious, at first, that one or two Ctrl-Z's should undo it.

While I understand that this is the mental map you have (and it's  
perfectly appropriate that you do!), Finale actually does multiple 
actions, one per staff, so you have to undo all of them.

Nudges to items onscreen are the same. When I nudge something 10 
times, to me, it's one move, but Finale records each one as a 
separate undoable step. Nine times out of 10, I don't need to undo 
the nudges individually, so it's annoying, and when I want to undo 
something like that, I use the Undo/Redo list, since I can easily 
select all of them to undo at once. This isn't that hard to deal 
with, and the fact that the undo list is more granular than the way I 
think of it is actually a feature, not a drawback, as it means that 
if I ever need to undo some of them, I can (though it almost never 
happens).

-- 
David W. Fenton                    http://dfenton.com
David Fenton Associates       http://dfenton.com/DFA/

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to