This is a (big) problem with the GPO strings. You could try putting accents on the notes and hiding the accents, or using the MIDI tool to increase the velocity (with HP set to Incorporate MIDI) but IMO it's a fundamental weakness in the sample library and there's only so much that can be done.
Cheers, - DJA ----- WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org On 10 Feb 2011, at 1:05 PM, Adam Taylor wrote: > I've decided to appeal to the collective wisdom of the list for help with > this. I am writing a piece for string quartet, and I want to be able to write > fast notes for the GPO Solo Violin (Viola/Cello) in Finale 2009c (not > stupidly fast, but along the lines of eighth and sixteenth notes at dotted > half=72 (the tempo from the Scherzo movement in Mendelssohn's String Quartet > #4). Problem is that the notes come out sloppy. There is no articulation to > them at all. In a group of four sixteenth notes, the second and fourth notes > more or less disappear in playback, and even staccato eighth runs are sloppy > and half the notes aren't even played noticeably. Any advice on how to fix > this sloppy sound would be more than appreciated. I love the sounds of the > Garritan solo string instruments, but seriously, I can't use them if they're > not going to play the notes that are written. > > And for reference, I even copied out the initial bars of the Mendelssohn > Quartet's Scherzo and it gave the same sloppy playback as it did with my own > music. I know it can sound a lot better because the recording I have > articulates every note clearly at the fast tempo. > > Adam > _______________________________________________ > Finale mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
