...but it is sometimes neVAYduh, MO (with either mizzuREE or mizzurUH trailing along)
Aaron J. Rabushka
arabus...@austin.rr.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "MSO" <m...@sti.net>
To: <finale@shsu.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Finale] [OT] plural of rubato = rubati?

I would have to agree with Dalvin re: the pronunciation of "RO-dee-oh."

There's nothing ignorant about it. Y'ever been out west? Regional pronunciation does not connote ignorance; after all: the word has been virtually re-defined as a uniquely Western US event over a century-and-a-half. Not the same as its Spanish antecedent - event OR pronunciation. It's RO-dee-oh! Just as it's Ne-VAA-da and NEVER Ne-VAH-da!

And I would dare say that anyone - specially any 'them green dude Eastern fellers - even that-there Copland-feller (who I understand were born in NOO YORK CITY) who pronounces it any way OTHER than "RO-dee-oh" don't know what he's talkin' about!!

Although: I DO smile when I write that, pard'ner!

And now: hunkerin' back down in the dark.

Les Marsden
(209) 966-6988 (H)
(559) 708-6027 (Cell - Emergency only)
7145 Snyder Creek Road
Mariposa, CA   95338-9641

Trustee Central, California Democratic Council
Mariposa County Planning Commissioner, District 5
Chair, Mariposa County Democratic Central Committee
Founding Music Director and Conductor, The Mariposa Symphony Orchestra
Past two-term President, Economic Development Corporation of Mariposa County

----- Original Message ----- From: "dalvin boone" <dalvin.bo...@avenuebroadband.com>