Couldn't you define the expression to send the note that switches the
patch to pizz? And then define an expression to send the note to
change them back to arco?

The way the GPO works in Kontkat is that there are some really low
notes below the range of the instruments that will switch them between
piz, acro, trem, etc. I assume that the same is true for the finale
version as well.

This Should help you
http://www.finaleforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3563

Sent from my iSomething