The best samples I've used are the East West Quantum Leap Pianos.
Far and away ahead of anything else.
They are way hungry though...
Pianoteq is great and light on demands. The play version is cheap and upgrades
without penalty.

For live (pop) work I find myself using the Garritan piano within Kontakt a lot.

If you need any extra variety in pianos (and you have Kontakt or equivalent)
then the PMI pianos are good and cheap too.
I have a number of them which I would never use always but which are perfect
sometimes.

Given price/computer demands/performance I think it difficult to beat Pianoteq.

Steve P.