Hi Dennis,

I apologize, I'd assumed the Smart Line Designer allowed you to create 
customized hairpins, and not just solid, dashed, and character lines! But now 
that I look at it, I see the tool is much more limited than I'd realized, and 
won't actually help with your problem.

I've seen these "from niente" and "to niente" hairpins-with-circles quite 
frequently in Finale-engraved scores and always assumed they were made using 
the Smart Line Designer! But clearly that is not the case. Sorry for the 
incorrect information.

As to your problem -- what tool are you using to place the "niente" circles. If 
they are expressions, does it help if you use an opaque enclosure?

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org



On 28 Jun 2012, at 8:27 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> On Thu, June 28, 2012 6:38 pm, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>> Create two custom smart shapes, a crescendo haripin beginning with the small
>> circle glyph, and a decrescendo hairpin ending with one.
>> 
>> Of course, you'll have to replace all of the ones you added in your score 
>> with
>> these new custom smart shapes, but positioning is automatic and consistent,
>> every time, and printing, PDFs, and display will be identical.
> 
> Hey Darcy,
> 
> I've never made a custom smart shape, and can't find a tool to do it. I can
> find a custom smart line. Is it in the shape designer somewhere?
> 
> Dennis
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to