Hi Dennis,

Finale has long had a bug where some hairpins are pointier on the pointy end 
than others. The tips of these pointy hairpins also extend slightly further 
left than they should. The thicker your hairpin lines are, the more noticeable 
the effect.

That's why I suggested using an opaque enclosure on the expression, which will 
cut off the tip of the extra-pointy hairpins (when they would otherwise overlap 
the circle).

I've never been able to reliably determine the cause of the extra-pointiness.

Cheers,

- DJA
-----
WEB: http://www.secretsocietymusic.org



On 28 Jun 2012, at 9:26 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> On Thu, June 28, 2012 9:13 pm, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>> As to your problem -- what tool are you using to place the "niente" circles.
>> If they are expressions, does it help if you use an opaque enclosure?
> 
> I'm using an expression (just the harmonic symbol, as requested by the
> composer). But the problem isn't the circles, which stay put ... it's the ends
> of the hairpins.
> 
> I put them touching the circles. In the PDF some do not meet the circle, some
> will cross it, some will be fine. Then when printing the PDF, they'll be
> differently different.
> 
> If it were possible to attach the circle to the hairpin, it would be great.
> 
> Dennis
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to