This is why I still subscribe to the list.

I knew that the Score Manager was modeless and was happy for that.

My problem with making a huge score was that I made the Score Manager window 
very large and it never occurred to me to double-click behind the window onto 
the score itself. Time to move the Score Manager onto a second monitor!

2 Things:

1) D'oh!
2) Thank you!

-Randolph Peters

On 2012-09-10, at 11:37 AM, Robert Patterson <[email protected]> 
wrote:

> I'm not a big fan of Score Manager, but I would remind you that it is a
> modeless dialog. You can open the staff attributes any time you get ready
> just by double-clicking the staff.
> 
> The basic problem I see is that MM is trying to introduce a UI concept,
> "Instrument", that (at least as of now) does not exist in the data. Thus,
> any choice of what to put in which dialog is purely arbitrary.
> 
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Randolph Peters 
> <[email protected]>wrote:
> 
>> Dear Finale Listers,
>> 
>> I just spent a few days creating a new master full orchestra template in
>> Finale 2012b. It takes longer now.
>> 
>> Some of the functions that used to belong in the staff attributes are now
>> in the Score Manager. I find that having to open up separate windows to
>> complete each staff and fill out all the properties (names, abbreviations,
>> positions, fonts, MIDI settings, etc.) is very cumbersome.
>> 
>> My question for the list is would it be a bad idea to be able to access
>> the same window or dialog box from different places in the program? Or
>> would that be too confusing?
>> 
>> In other words, why can't we fill out those properties that I mentioned
>> above from BOTH the staff attributes and the Score Manager?
>> 
>> And while we are at it, how about a previous and next arrow so that we can
>> fill out the categories in one pass? Even iTunes has a better interface
>> here.
>> 
>> When MM changes Finale, as they need to from time to time, they absolutely
>> have to be mindful of:
>> 
>> 1) not creating new bugs,
>> 2) not taking away functionality,
>> 3) not slowing down the work process.
>> 
>> This is a complaint of the third kind.
>> 
>> Grumble,
>> Randolph Peters


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to