I came across a frustrating bug in the Score Manager. [Mac 10.8.1, Finale 2012b]
(Not the reappearing measure numbers annoyance, which is a topic for another day.) BUG: In "Play Finale in MIDI" mode, when you try to assign a device for some instruments, other instruments will also change to that device. It doesn't happen with every instrument, just some. Change the device for the other instrument and the first one will change to it as well. I immediately thought that the culprit was a corrupted preferences file, but I got the same results even with a brand new preferences file. FIX: Open the triangle for the instrument and change each layer, chord and expression to the desired device. After completing all of layers, chords and expressions, then the instrument will change to the device without causing another instrument to switch to it as well. May this save you hours of befuddlement someday. Bonus question: Why does Finale load up Audio Unit sounds when you are still in MIDI mode? Shouldn't it only do this when you switch to "Play Through Audio Units"? At least, that was the old behaviour. -Randolph Peters _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
