Thanks, Steve. I'll give this a try and report back.

-Randolph Peters

On 2012-09-12, at 2:54 PM, "Fiskum, Steve" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Randolph,
> 
> I think this may have to do with "Sound Map Priority" (under the Midi
> menu) which bit me last week. The priority map defaults to Garritan. If
> I'm understanding your question correctly I believe the fix is to move
> Softsynth to the top of the list. I do not install Garritan on my machine
> and 2012 was crashing my machine every time I added a staff in Score
> Manager but it would not crash if I added a staff by double clicking in
> scroll view with my Staff tool. With both processes to add a staff I would
> see it try to churn through Garritan's instruments. When I switched the
> "priority" this issue stopped.
> 
> Hope that helps,
> Steve Fiskum
> 
>> 
>> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Randolph Peters
>> <[email protected]>wrote:
>> 
>> 
>>> 
>>> Bonus question:
>>> Why does Finale load up Audio Unit sounds when you are still in MIDI
>>> mode?
>>> Shouldn't it only do this when you switch to "Play Through Audio
>>> Units"? At
>>> least, that was the old behaviour.
>>> 
>>> -Randolph Peters
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to