Spotlight hooks into the OS's search system. Depending on what you implement in
your exporter, you can search on things like clef, key, time, composer,
etcetera. IIRC you could search for instruments in a document. Really is handy
when you have a lot of files and need to find a subset quickly.

The other thing QuickLook gives you is a view of your files in the Cover Flow
view in Finder windows.

I used these things a lot and it's a huge bummer they are on hiatus.

Sent from my iPhone